- An onion taken from the ground before the bulb has formed, typically eaten raw in salad.More example sentences
- Top and tail the green beans, peel the baby onions or cut the spring onion into 2.5cm pieces.
- Chop the spring onion, removing the darkest green leaves as you go.
- Heat the wok, add a teaspoon of oil, add the chicken, shiitake mushroom, chives and spring onion, and lightly stir-fry for a minute.
More definitions of spring onionDefinition of spring onion in:
- The US English dictionary