- A tide just after a new or full moon, when there is the greatest difference between high and low water.More example sentences
- If we get low pressure, a west wind and a spring tide the flooding will occur again,’ he said.
- Exceptional weather conditions combined with a spring tide produced one of the worst floods in living memory for the east coast of England.
- ‘They were apparently warned by a lifeguard to leave the water as the spring tide was coming in,’ Fobian said.
More definitions of spring tideDefinition of spring tide in:
- The US English dictionary