- 1Squirt or spray a liquid at or on to (something) in quick, short bursts: she spritzed her neck with cologneMore example sentences
- She picked me up in her brand new Mustang Convertible about a second after I'd finished spritzing my hair for the millionth time.
- Veronica took Abbey's hair out of the bun and started spritzing it with water.
- If you absolutely must use them, make sure you spritz your hair with a heat protective spray first.
- 1.1Spray (a liquid) in quick, short bursts: she spritzed some perfume behind her earsMore example sentences
- A toner can be applied with a facial sponge, splashed onto skin or spritzed on with a spray bottle.
- Once I had a flight attendant who spritzed perfume all over herself.
- Working section by section, Lori spritzed Hilary's hair with Straight Spray.
nounBack to top
- An act of squirting or spraying liquid in short bursts or the liquid sprayed.More example sentences
- Aboard, male stewards are always on hand to escort you to your pre-assigned seats and offer you a spritz of cologne for your wrists.
- Finish up with a spritz of fragrance on the inside of your wrists, behind your ears and behind your knees.
- When your pet shows signs of needing to cool down just give him several spritzes to wet him down.
early 20th century: from German spritzen 'to squirt'.
More definitions of spritzDefinition of spritz in:
- The US English dictionary