- 1Each of several projections on the rim of a wheel that engage with the links of a chain or with holes in film, tape, or paper.More example sentences
- One of the drive chains jumped the sprocket and the team could not fix it.
- Worn chains and sprockets may be working improperly long before they actually break.
- All of the moving parts are fully enclosed so you have got no chance of sprockets or drive shafts whirring around or anything like that.
- 1.1 (also sprocket wheel) A wheel with sprockets.More example sentences
- Modern aluminium sprocket wheels are so light, he says, that doubling their size is relatively unimportant.
- If the chain has not fallen off the sprocket wheel, its movement may be obstructed by something.
- The sprocket wheel is attached to the rear wheel, which thus also rotates 2 times a second.
mid 16th century (denoting a triangular piece of timber used in a roof): of unknown origin.
More definitions of sprocketDefinition of sprocket in:
- The US English dictionary