- An Italian sparkling white wine.More example sentences
- The light, frothy Asti, the subtler Moscato d' Asti, and other spumante and frizzante all over north western Italy demonstrate another facet of the variety's character.
- Northern Italy is a vast expanse of vineyards, and much of the wine made there is the sparkler known as spumante.
- In the cellar we sip a dozen wines and a sophisticated but crisp Brut spumante.
Italian, literally 'sparkling'.
More definitions of spumanteDefinition of spumante in:
- The US English dictionary