- An Asian and African game bird related to the partridges, with spurs on the legs.
More example sentences
- Genus Galloperdix of Asia (three species), and the red-necked spurfowl or francolin (Francolinus afer) of Africa, family Phasianidae
- The spurfowl is one of the most difficult of the Sri Lanka endemics to see and this was the first nest I found.
- The smallest spurfowl, the Hartlaub is found around stony outcrops and in sandy areas.
- The daily limit on ground birds (guinea fowl, spurfowl and francolin) is 15 birds per day, and most days we reached or approached that number per shooter.