Definition of squamate in English:
A reptile of the large order Squamata; a snake, lizard, or worm lizard.
- Visitors can visit the exhibition online to explore the astonishing diversity of squamates.
- Humans and giraffes have seven neck vertebrae, while many squamates have eight.
- I modified behavioral experiments from previous studies of chemoreceptive behavior in squamates.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting squamates.
- In viviparous squamates, placental transfer of organic and inorganic nutrients is widespread, if not universal.
- Vidal and Hedges collected and analyzed the largest genetic data set ever assembled for the scaly reptiles known as squamates.
- As evidenced by the articles in this volume, a recent increase in interest in the mating systems of poikilothermic vertebrates has focused primarily on fishes, a few amphibians, and squamate reptiles.
Definition of squamate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan