Definition of square eyes in English:
plural nounBritish humorous
Eyes supposedly affected by excessive television viewing: he watched so much TV he’d got square eyes
More example sentences
- And because my viewing time was rationed in case I got square eyes, TV was exotic.
- What with the NatWest one day matches between England and Australia and Bangladesh during the day, plus another Lions match, I finished the weekend with square eyes from watching too much TV.
- Expect me to soon have very square eyes - there's a LOT to watch!
- Example sentences
- The day after the 1997 general election, square-eyed workers asked colleagues the question that would come to symbolise the Tory rout: ‘Were you still up for Portillo?’
- A week of square-eyed, sofa-ridden inertia passed by, and you began to wonder if there were not substantially more rewarding activities to pursue when compared to watching this stuff.
- Smith will be square-eyed by now from watching the video of that game
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia