- 1A fielding position level with the batsman approximately halfway towards the boundary on the leg side.More example sentences
- The fifth-wicket pair were finally parted by a moment of carelessness, Sutton turning for a second after Bresnan misfielded at square leg, but the batsman could not beat Bresnan's throw to the wicketkeeper.
- Umpire Peter Wright consulted with his colleague Mike George at square leg before sending a disappointed batsman on his way.
- Stuart Parkin, back from Australia, ran from deep square leg to mid-wicket to take a superb catch.
- 1.1A fielder at square leg.More example sentences
- The first ball was directed over and beyond square leg.
- Owens followed shortly after for 39, pulling a rank long hop into the hands of square leg, and Rob Walker also fell before the total was reached.
- As with his 50, Vaughan went to his century in the grand manner, sweeping Brown over square leg, but the next ball had him lbw as he pushed forward.