- A substantial, satisfying, and balanced meal: three square meals a dayMore example sentences
- In the past couple of months I haven't had any dinner (or any square meals most Saturdays or Sundays) because I've been too lazy to cook.
- When I could eventually get my car out, I would head to the folks' house for Sunday dinner - my only square meal of the week.
- A study published in BMJ shows that eating small frequent meals is better for cholesterol levels than the three square meals mom always encouraged us to eat.
said to derive from nautical use, with reference to the square platters on which meals were served on board ship.
More definitions of square mealDefinition of square meal in:
- The US English dictionary