- (Of a sailing ship) having the principal sails at right angles to the length of the ship, supported by horizontal yards attached to the mast or masts.More example sentences
- Though square-rigged sailing ships have just about vanished from our oceans, they have left us present-day sailors with a racial memory of grandeur, power, and beauty.
- Few, if any, of the divers aboard the JdL for our late-summer dive cruise had prior sailing experience, particularly on a square-rigged sailing ship like this brigantine.
- The square-rigged sailing ship Stavros S Niarchos was launched in 2000 to provide sail training for young people.
More definitions of square-riggedDefinition of square-rigged in:
- The US English dictionary