- A square-rigged sailing ship.More example sentences
- We'd boarded the five-masted square-rigger Royal Clipper about 12 hours earlier, but my first evening afloat was shrouded in a somewhat hazy glow.
- For square-riggers, the island had a perfect strategic location for control of the island chain to the south, and it had, in English Harbour, one of the world's most protected anchorages.
- In 2001, an exact replica of Capt. James Cook's famous square-rigger was launched with a modern crew to retrace the most perilous leg of his historic voyage of discovery from Australia to Indonesia.
More definitions of square-riggerDefinition of square-rigger in:
- The US English dictionary