- 1Directly, without deviating to one side: Ashley looked at him squarelyMore example sentences
- It struck a home defender squarely in the side of the head causing debate as to whether a penalty flick should have been awarded.
- The wreck is mostly intact but lies squarely on its port side.
- The mud hit Jade squarely in the side of the face and her jaw dropped in surprise.
- 1.1In a direct and uncompromising manner: they placed the blame squarely on the presidentMore example sentences
- Mr Roche said the situation had been tolerated for too long, and laid the blame squarely on local authorities.
- Despite this, Mai has an enormous international solidarity movement squarely behind her.
- We stand squarely behind the Government of Montserrat and support them as they go forward with the project.
More definitions of squarelyDefinition of squarely in:
- The US English dictionary