- A bug which resembles a shield bug, several American kinds being serious pests of squashes and similar fruit.
More example sentences
- Family Coreidae, suborder Heteroptera: many species, in particular the North American Anasasa tristis
- The squash bug is shield shaped and if you have ever squashed one you probably remember the smell.
- I scattered leaf litter on the floor of the bucket and threw in another hornworm, then a squash bug, a bluebottle fly, a daddy longlegs, a wolf spider, and various unidentified larvae.
- A scanning electron micrograph of the surface of the pupa of the ordinary squash bug revealed a startling armature of glandular hairs that exude an oily chemical cocktail, seen forming droplets at the tips.
More definitions of squash bugDefinition of squash bug in:
- The US English dictionary