adjective (squashier, squashiest)
- Easily crushed or squeezed into a different shape; having a soft consistency: a big, squashy leather chairMore example sentences
springy, resilient, spongy, soft, pliant, pliable, yielding, supple, elastic, cushiony, compressible, tender, flexible, ductile, malleable, tensile, plasticmushy, pulpy, pappy, slushy, sloppy, squelchy, squishy, oozy, doughy, semi-liquid, softBritish • informal squidgy• rare pulpous
- Instead I went to sit on the squashy overstuffed leather chair by the books.
- If you use this entrance, you miss the lovely squashy leather sofas and the trendy wooden bar area that greets the front door customers.
- The rooms are furnished in period style with squashy sofas and chairs in intimate groupings complete with photographs and hunting trophies from bygone eras and current family snaps.
- More example sentences
- The squashiness of the butternut shone through beautifully, and the custard was firm but light.
- Janet explained that the squashiness of a loaf of bread disappears without this key ingredient, and pastry crumbles more easily.
- Suspension-wise, it's tightened up just enough for confident back-road handling, while still retaining enough squashiness for good off-road articulation.