Definition of squeegee in English:
1A scraping implement with a rubber-edged blade set on a handle, typically used for cleaning windows.
- If we have a two-story house for instance, the windows and side walls will call for a squeegee with a long handle.
- He placed me in a basket as he grabbed a squeegee and proceeded to clean the windows on the tower.
- It comes with a squeegee handle with two interchangeable rubber blades for steam cleaning soapy residue off glass shower doors;
1.1A rubber roller or small implement consisting of a strip of rubber set on a wooden frame, used especially in photography for squeezing water out of prints.
- If dry spots are noted, add water under the blanket with a small diameter hose or by using a roller squeegee to move the water around until the entire blanket has become translucent.
- Use 18-inch rollers or V-notch squeegees for epoxy primers.
- In either case, you will find it necessary to remove the print from the developer and squeegee it for the solarization exposure.
1.2 [as modifier] informal Denoting a person who cleans the windscreen of a car stopped in traffic and then demands payment from the driver: squeegee merchants at every road junction
More example sentences
- It also forbids squeegee kids from standing in roads and begging drivers for money.
- Approached by a squeegee merchant at a set of traffic lights, we let him quickly clean the (almost opaque) windscreen.
- Now let me tell you that the original person who reported this incident was not a squeegee boy, I am not a squeegee boy, and the person kidnapped/arrested was not a squeegee boy.
verb (squeegees, squeegeeing, squeegeed)[with object] Back to top
Clean or scrape with a squeegee: squeegee the shower doors while the surfaces are still wet
More example sentences
- He applied paint - thick strokes and overlapping thinner washes - to bare canvas and squeegeed it around.
- But definitely by the time Larry Brown had finished his postgame whining, it was as clear as a freshly squeegeed backboard: Someone forgot to tell the Pacers that they're supposed to be honing their golf games by now.
- We began by sweeping, then squeegeeing the water to a small drain, but this was not the complete solution to our problem.
Mid 19th century: from archaic squeege 'to press', strengthened form of squeeze.
Words that rhyme with squeegeeFiji, gee-gee
Definition of squeegee in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.