A short line that curls and loops in an irregular way: some prescriptions are a series of meaningless squiggles
More example sentences
- From simple lines to curves, squiggles and intricate designs - she creates endless patterns in no time.
- The line with squiggles on it was said to represent the laying of carpet.
- We had spent the last hour and a half trying to program our computer to make pretty patterns but all we got was a line, a squiggle and crashing computers.
verb[no object] chiefly North American
adjective (squigglier, squiggliest)
- Example sentences
- I snapped, irritated, and bent over this journal again, watching my hand shake as I scribbled a long squiggly line across the lined pages.
- I was always fascinated with the written word, even before I could read, and I must have recognised that there was something inherently magical about squiggly symbols organised in lines and packed together like corduroy.
- The bündnerfleisch was well-paired with the cheese, which was shaved off the wheel into little squiggly slices somewhat resembling pencil shavings, of all things.
Words that rhyme with squigglegiggle, higgle, jiggle, niggle, sniggle, wiggle, wriggle
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: squig¦gle
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.