- A kind of barley with bushy spikelets, sometimes cultivated as an ornamental grass.
More example sentences
- Hordeum jubatum, family Gramineae
- Seas of squirrel-tail grass shimmered around our ankles, always looking slightly out of focus as they rippled.
- The chaparral is much like that of Santa Fe: Piñon, sagebrush, snake bush, rice grass, squirrel-tail grass, sweet grass, and an occasional clump of prickly pear cactus.
- Robust towering angelica shelters the shell-like pea-green flowers of bells of Ireland, the graceful wisps of squirrel-tail grass and pineapple-like inflorescences of Eucomis bicolor.
More definitions of squirrel-tail grassDefinition of squirrel-tail grass in:
- The US English dictionary