- A military officer serving on the staff of a military headquarters or government department.More example sentences
- In 1899, a French staff officer designed an armoured landing craft fitted with a detachable landing ramp, of about 80 tons displacement.
- The principals had perspectives on the effects of targeting that a military staff officer might not have.
- Their principal staff officer was a captain, along with a radio telephone operator.
More definitions of staff officerDefinition of staff officer in:
- The US English dictionary