- An instruction in the text of a play indicating the movement, position, or tone of an actor, or the sound effects and lighting.More example sentences
- If the director gives a stage direction that the star disdains, he will usually simply not do it, or he'll leave the set and sulk.
- The stage direction by Frédéric Fisbach was clean and always inventive, never calling attention to itself, which is a triumph in a work that has a large cast and little apparent dramatic action.
- As You Like It begins with a stage direction from the First Folio (there were no prior printings) that says simply, Enter Orlando and Adam.
More definitions of stage directionDefinition of stage direction in:
- The US English dictionary