- A loud whisper uttered by an actor on stage, intended to be heard by the audience but supposedly unheard by other characters in the play.More example sentences
- As the first notes started, a loud stage whisper from the bowels of the amphitheatre was heard to exclaim ‘This is the best bit!’
- Which just goes to show that Prabhu's managed to achieve the ‘Quality’ any good story teller would give his stage whisper for - he manages to make his audience sit back and think, even after the tape stops rolling.
- ‘Omigosh,’ she croaked in a stage whisper, as the male protagonist made his first appearance, ‘he is going to like fall for her so-o-o hard.’
More definitions of stage whisperDefinition of stage whisper in:
- The US English dictionary