- A large closed horse-drawn vehicle formerly used to carry passengers and often mail along a regular route between two places.More example sentences
- Though the Pony Express lost money, it blazed routes later traveled by stagecoaches carrying passengers, freight, and bullion - Wells Fargo's bread and butter.
- The main bridge out of town to the north, it carried stagecoaches between Carlisle and Kendal, and even Bonnie Prince Charlie's army in 1745, says Mr Marsh.
- Beginning in 1838, the federal government transferred the mails from stagecoaches to railroads.
More definitions of stagecoachDefinition of stagecoach in:
- The US English dictionary