(also staging point)
- A stopping place or assembly point en route to a destination: a vast staging area for guerrilla attacks the geese’s major staging area on the St Lawrence RiverMore example sentences
- During the 1850s and into the Civil War period the fort was a staging area for soldiers dispersed along overland trails and near settlements.
- Sustainment of the deployed force begins once it is received and transported to its staging areas and continues until the campaign is completed.
- The bush fires started burning into Gippsland, making the establishment of a staging area in that region increasingly likely.
More definitions of staging areaDefinition of staging area in:
- The US English dictionary