- A rod for securing a carpet in the angle between two steps.More example sentences
- The stairwell is still awaiting the final touches as the family tries to find the right stair rods for the carpet but the white-painted balustrade is beautifully carved and it is not hard to imagine the end result.
- Striking brass stair rods lead the eye up to the first level.
- A common sight throughout the Victorian Era and into the 1930�s, stair rods were a functional part of home decor and another flourish in the exquisite detail associated with homes built during that time period
rain (or come down in) stair rods
- British • informal Rain very heavily.More example sentences
- It came down in stair rods with visibility towards the end of the race down to 400 metres.
- The clouds are down over our heads now; tremendous rolls of thunder; rain coming down in stair rods.
- The rain was coming down in stair rods when we arrived but it couldn't hold us back.