Definition of staircase in English:
1A set of stairs and its surrounding walls or structure: he descended the broad staircase a mirrored staircase
More example sentences
- Dual wooden staircases curved up towards the second floor that was less crowded.
- Despite having a gate it is important for parents to keep a close eye on children around staircases.
- She looks everywhere and finally spots him sitting on the step of a staircase.
1.1British A set of stairs and the rooms leading off it in a large building, especially a school or college.
- On each of Peckwater's nine staircases there are eight suites of rooms consisting of a spacious sitting room, with two small bedrooms.
- n rooms in the main College staircases, forced convection central heating is provided.
- Mini fridges are available to hire from the Maintenance Department for all students who are resident in Staircases 1-58.
Definition of staircase in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.