Definition of staircase in English:
1A set of stairs and its surrounding walls or structure: he descended the broad staircase a mirrored staircase
More example sentences
- Dual wooden staircases curved up towards the second floor that was less crowded.
- Despite having a gate it is important for parents to keep a close eye on children around staircases.
- She looks everywhere and finally spots him sitting on the step of a staircase.
1.1British A set of stairs and the rooms leading off it in a large building, especially a school or college.
- On each of Peckwater's nine staircases there are eight suites of rooms consisting of a spacious sitting room, with two small bedrooms.
- n rooms in the main College staircases, forced convection central heating is provided.
- Mini fridges are available to hire from the Maintenance Department for all students who are resident in Staircases 1-58.
Words that rhyme with staircasebriefcase • slipcase
Definition of staircase in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan