- A landing at the top of a set of stairs: he waited at the stairhead to escort her safely downMore example sentences
- There was a time when people did not report domestic violence, for example, and I'm quite sure that not every scuffle at a stairhead would be reported.
- Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
- Cam's own table was at the stairhead, the better to greet and farewell his guests, and to ask a favoured one occasionally to join him for a quick drink.
More definitions of stairheadDefinition of stairhead in:
- The US English dictionary