- An uncastrated adult male horse.More example sentences
- I was pleased to have several readers tell me they enjoyed reading my piece about the heavy horse stallions and the routes they followed in days gone by.
- If the mares are not in foal to Kentucky stallions, it is difficult to get a really top price.
- Nine of the 13 mares cataloged at Keeneland will be sold in foal to Shadwell-owned stallions.
Middle English: from an Anglo-Norman French variant of Old French estalon, from a derivative of a Germanic base shared by stall.
More definitions of stallionDefinition of stallion in:
- The US English dictionary