Definition of stamp collecting in English:
The collection and study of postage stamps as objects of interest or value; philately.
- Edna, 71, from South Croydon, has always been interested in stamp collecting and now spends at least five evenings week sorting them into categories and themes.
- His meticulous character suited his outside interests of coin and stamp collecting, chess, genealogy, and Scottish history.
- Decades later, when Worley was in his late 40s, his young daughter took what proved to be a short-lived interest in stamp collecting.
stamp collector noun
- Example sentences
- A quiet and reserved man, Sandy continued his favourite hobby of Scottish country dancing, was a keen stamp collector and reader, and a member of the local Rotary club.
- A lifelong stamp collector as well as a professional historian, Dane Claussen hopes the embrace of eBay among many scholars may encourage historians to seek out private collectors for research assistance.
- Aravamuthan, a keen coin and stamp collector as well as a dealer in rare stamps and ancient coins, avers that philately has become a rich-man's hobby.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia