- Of tin with a valency of four; of tin(IV). Compare with stannous.More example sentences
- This book presents the background science and technology of the stannic oxide gas sensor, along with practical information about its applications.
- Tin oxide or stannic oxide is commonly used as an opacifier in ceramic glazes.
- Single crystals of stannic oxide heavily doped with antimony have been grown from tin vapour and oxygen at 1450°c.
late 18th century: from late Latin stannum 'tin' + -ic.
More definitions of stannicDefinition of stannic in:
- The US English dictionary