Definition of star fruit in English:
1 another term for carambola.
- At Cedar House you get not only the farm's own just-roasted coffee but an array of delicious tropical fruits like apple bananas, starfruit, and cherimoyas - all grown on the farm or very nearby.
- For those on a fruit diet, kiwi, rambutan, lichi, avocado, starfruit, durian, melon, pear, apple and orange, duku, Indian mangoes and jackfruit crowd the pavements of Serangoon Road and the side roads of little India.
- We made dinner, which consisted of sausages, salad and fresh fruit basted lightly with maple syrup that we grilled; it turned out very nice, even the starfruit.
2A small European plant with tiny white flowers and six-pointed star-shaped fruit, found in or close to shallow fresh water.
- Damasonium alisma, family Alismataceae
- Two years ago, only one Starfruit (Damasonium alisma) plant flowered at the site in Black Park Country Park, Buckinghamshire, but a recent survey has revealed that almost 100 of the aquatic plants are now thriving in a specially-built pond.
Definition of star fruit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia