- A mole with a number of fleshy radiating tentacles around its nostrils, native to north-eastern North America.
More example sentences
- Condylura cristata, family Talpidae
- There, in addition to star-nosed moles, he inevitably encounters shrews, voles, weasels, field mice, and the occasional snapping turtle.
- Hoping that an analysis of living species could provide insights into the star-nosed mole's past, we began to examine other moles from around the world.
- The star-nosed mole prefers wet, swampy ground and subsists on a diet of worms, insects, and crustaceans.
More definitions of star-nosed moleDefinition of star-nosed mole in:
- The US English dictionary