- A cabochon sapphire that reflects a starlike image resulting from its regular internal structure.More example sentences
- She explained that a great, great ancestor of the Scottish clan from which they originated first wore a brooch containing the star sapphire now fitted into a lovely pendant - which she still wore about her neck.
- In the middle of the knot glinted a black cabochon star sapphire.
- The onyx and diamond one belonged to my grandmother and the star sapphire was my father's, but the others are all from Swallow.
More definitions of star sapphireDefinition of star sapphire in:
- The US English dictionary