noun• informal , chiefly • derogatory
- A famous or high-profile architect: a welcome departure from the ego-driven era of the starchitectMore example sentences
- The 76-story mixed-used building designed by starchitect Frank Gehry will attract residents and retail to downtown Manhattan.
- That flexibility, a welcome departure from the ego-driven era of the starchitect, is one of the most appealing aspects of Think's plan.
- The future historians of the built environment of Blairism won't be consulting back issues of AD or the glossy monographs of the starchitect.
- More example sentences
- He said the structures were not intended to be starchitecture but would be respectful of their immediate surroundings.
- Even with collaboration, producing "starchitecture" is far from easy.
- It's not necessarily brand-name starchitecture that inflates building costs.
More definitions of starchitectDefinition of starchitect in:
- The US English dictionary