Definition of starchitect in English:
nouninformal , chiefly derogatory
A famous or high-profile architect: a welcome departure from the ego-driven era of the starchitect
More example sentences
- The 76-story mixed-used building designed by starchitect Frank Gehry will attract residents and retail to downtown Manhattan.
- That flexibility, a welcome departure from the ego-driven era of the starchitect, is one of the most appealing aspects of Think's plan.
- The future historians of the built environment of Blairism won't be consulting back issues of AD or the glossy monographs of the starchitect.
- Example sentences
- He said the structures were not intended to be starchitecture but would be respectful of their immediate surroundings.
- Even with collaboration, producing "starchitecture" is far from easy.
- It's not necessarily brand-name starchitecture that inflates building costs.
Definition of starchitect in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan