- (In science fiction) a large manned spaceship used for interstellar travel.More example sentences
- The huge distances between Earth and the nearest star make it necessary for us to conceive of extremely high-velocity starships if interstellar travel is to be possible with durations less than a human lifetime.
- We take you beyond the confines of starships and space stations to Starfleet Academy, an alien colony, a desert planet, swamps, an icy planet, and even to a hellish realm.
- The men carried plasma carbines, which were better suited than were rifles to the close combat inside the corridors of space stations and starships.
More definitions of starshipDefinition of starship in:
- The US English dictionary