- Conceive one’s first child.More example sentences
- At the time, Newberry and her husband, Maurice, were in the Air Force, starting a family and attending grad school.
- He still feels that way, but his keen focus on becoming mayor of his hometown has dulled somewhat now that he's started a family and established roots in Houston.
- If a couple are considering starting a family they may approach their general practitioner for advice on conceiving.
More definitions of start a familyDefinition of start a family in:
- The US English dictionary