- 1A place that marks the beginning of a journey: it was the starting point for the long walk over the heathMore example sentences
- Stagecoach says that in the mornings, journeys will leave starting points later and arrive at the final destination at the usual time or earlier.
- The harbour makes an ideal starting point for ferry journeys to the islands of Hvar and Korcula.
- This brought me back to my starting point and also marked the end of my first day on the yellow brick road.
- 1.1A basis for or introduction to study, discussion, or further development: it offers a starting point for negotiations choral music is a good starting point for beginners in compositionMore example sentences
- Experts suggest using TV programmes, news items and the experiences of friends and relations as good starting points for discussion and many parents seem to be following their advice.
- The inevitable starting point in any discussion of Celtic's deterioration is their age profile.
- It is true that most blogs rely on already published media as the starting point for the discussions.