Definition of stasis in English:
noun[mass noun] formal or technical
1A period or state of inactivity or equilibrium: long periods of stasis creative stasis
More example sentences
- During such periods of stasis, most species exhibit no directional change.
- The illness gets worse and worse as time passes, and the periods of stasis last increasingly longer.
- This also explains why evolution often appears to go in spurts after periods of apparent stasis.
1.1 Medicine A stoppage of flow of a body fluid.
- Mucus stasis with acute and chronic inflammation was also noted.
- As a result, a thrombus in the left atrial appendage may develop due to the stasis of blood in the left atrium.
- Venous stasis disease most commonly occurs in patients with obesity, congestive heart failure or diabetes.
Words that rhyme with stasisbasis, oasis
Definition of stasis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.