Definition of stasis in English:
noun[mass noun] formal or technical
1A period or state of inactivity or equilibrium: long periods of stasis creative stasis
More example sentences
- During such periods of stasis, most species exhibit no directional change.
- The illness gets worse and worse as time passes, and the periods of stasis last increasingly longer.
- This also explains why evolution often appears to go in spurts after periods of apparent stasis.
1.1 Medicine A stoppage of flow of a body fluid.
- Mucus stasis with acute and chronic inflammation was also noted.
- As a result, a thrombus in the left atrial appendage may develop due to the stasis of blood in the left atrium.
- Venous stasis disease most commonly occurs in patients with obesity, congestive heart failure or diabetes.
Definition of stasis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan