- A device which can be in one of a set number of stable conditions depending on its previous condition and on the present values of its inputs.More example sentences
- In addition, the analog-to-digital converter includes a state machine operable to receive outputs from the comparators and generate a digital output value.
- A memory control circuit for controlling a memory bus and a memory includes buffers, counters, data transfer circuits, and a bus arbiter having a state machine.
- In order to be as flexible as possible, and not to limit the programmer to a set of predefined conditions, the packet-filtering engine is actually implemented as a state machine running a user-defined program.
More definitions of state machineDefinition of state machine in:
- The US English dictionary