- 1A sensitive issue or piece of information which is kept secret by the government: protest was silenced and pollution was as much a state secret as the ammunition stocksMore example sentences
- Provider of unauthorised access to personal data or a state secret, along with the disclosure of a user password will serve between one to three years' imprisonment.
- Its contents continue to be a heavily guarded state secret.
- Actual death penalty statistics are a closely guarded state secret.
- 1.1 • humorous An important and closely guarded piece of information: her marriage was on the rocks, which was hardly a state secret at the timeMore example sentences
- She also owns an iPod, although her playlist is a closely-guarded state secret.
More definitions of state secretDefinition of state secret in:
- The US English dictionary