- A political system in which the state has control of industries and services: there will be difficulties in turning the country round from state socialism to capitalismMore example sentences
- In order to move the country from state capitalism toward state socialism, Allende expropriated the major means of production and promoted massive redistribution to urban and rural workers.
- John Maynard Keynes was particularly concerned about socialist revolution, and told governments they would have to adopt some of the policies of state socialism if capitalism, and democracy, were to survive.
- The Universal Declaration does not aim for complete equality and it isn't compatible with a political system based on state socialism as it existed in Eastern Europe.
More definitions of state socialismDefinition of state socialism in:
- The US English dictionary