- (In the US) a university managed by the public authorities of a particular state.More example sentences
- The cost to the student is as much as one-third less for tuition and fees, and the cost to taxpayers is one-half less for producing a baccalaureate degree at a community college versus a state university.
- Two days later I'm told, I get a call from the state university, and the state university says, we have a problem.
- Back then, the public looked on the state university as a treasure, even though only a privileged few actually attended college.
More definitions of state universityDefinition of state university in:
- The US English dictionary