- The status of being a recognized independent nation: their aspirations for independent statehood have been consistently frustratedMore example sentences
- The struggle to achieve statehood for a given nation was the driving force behind nineteenth-century nationalism.
- Ukrainian peasants turned inwards as centralized power broke down, yet their identification with the Ukrainian nation was strengthened as a result of independent statehood.
- In fact, the labour movement was the major driving force in the struggle for statehood and independence.
More definitions of statehoodDefinition of statehood in:
- The US English dictionary