- (Of a person) not recognized as a citizen of any country: thousands were made stateless by enforcement of the citizenship actMore example sentences
- But during the political upheavals she found herself a stateless person and was granted British citizenship, though she still returns to Malawi from time to time to visit her family.
- The facts are that at a time of international conflict, a tiny proportion of stateless people on the move will hit our shores.
- On 6 August, the High Court found that the Migration Act authorised the Australian government to detain stateless people indefinitely, regardless of the prospect of ever being able to deport them.
- More example sentences
- Richard Falk argues that the statelessness of the terrorists might make democracy or nationhood an inappropriate forum of address.
- This sense of statelessness terrified him and he dreaded what might happen if the Indonesian or Malaysian police nabbed him.
- No people can be expected to accept a political solution that condemns them to a permanent state of poverty, statelessness and refugeehood.
More definitions of statelessDefinition of stateless in:
- The US English dictionary