Definition of stateless in English:
(Of a person) not recognized as a citizen of any country: thousands were made stateless by enforcement of the citizenship act
More example sentences
- But during the political upheavals she found herself a stateless person and was granted British citizenship, though she still returns to Malawi from time to time to visit her family.
- The facts are that at a time of international conflict, a tiny proportion of stateless people on the move will hit our shores.
- On 6 August, the High Court found that the Migration Act authorised the Australian government to detain stateless people indefinitely, regardless of the prospect of ever being able to deport them.
- Example sentences
- Richard Falk argues that the statelessness of the terrorists might make democracy or nationhood an inappropriate forum of address.
- This sense of statelessness terrified him and he dreaded what might happen if the Indonesian or Malaysian police nabbed him.
- No people can be expected to accept a political solution that condemns them to a permanent state of poverty, statelessness and refugeehood.
Definition of stateless in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia