- another term for standing wave.More example sentences
- On varying the width, one can observe in detail the transformation of the stationary waves confined between the steps of atomic height in waves of electrons that move freely.
- The stationary wave of Activator concentration is very similar to modes of vibration on a guitar string: only certain wavelengths can fit.
- The conditions giving rise to different types of flow are examined; in particular, the conditions causing stationary waves in the downstream area.
More definitions of stationary waveDefinition of stationary wave in:
- The US English dictionary