- The theory, methods, and practice of forming judgements about the parameters of a population and the reliability of statistical relationships, typically on the basis of random sampling: the problem is fundamental to statistical inference [count noun]: a regression model was used to make statistical inferences about the risk of progression to AIDSMore example sentences
- We propose a new method for approximate Bayesian statistical inference on the basis of summary statistics.
- The development of theoretical models that can aid in understanding complicated demographic histories and provide a basis for methods of statistical inference has been another major aim of recent work.
- His articles are more of a contribution to probability theory than to simultaneous statistical inference, and the reader in search of a convenient reference for such use might prefer.
More definitions of statistical inferenceDefinition of statistical inference in:
- The US English dictionary