- (In bryozoans) a resistant reproductive body produced asexually.More example sentences
- Horse-shoe shaped lophophore… No fossil record except for a few statoblasts (resistant wintering structures) from Quaternary sediments.
- These cell masses, known as statoblasts, remain dormant for some time and can withstand drying and freezing; when conditions are favorable, the statoblasts germinates and forms a new zooid.
- Genetic changes within freshwater bryozoan populations suggest temporal gene flow from statoblast banks
More definitions of statoblastDefinition of statoblast in:
- The US English dictionary