- A form of aneroid barometer for measuring minute variations of pressure, used especially to indicate the altitude of an aircraft.More example sentences
- There he developed mechanical devises such as the statoscope, cars, motorized invalid chairs, power scooters, and various amusement park rides.
- Since in the seventies additional sensors like the statoscope and later on the application of differential GPS were introduced to measure the elements of the sensor orientation in a direct way.
- Mr. Custer is the inventor of the statoscope, an instrument for recording the rise or fall in a balloon, and his talk will undoubtedly be of great interest to all.
early 20th century: from Greek statos 'standing' + -scope.
More definitions of statoscopeDefinition of statoscope in:
- The US English dictionary