- Stitching placed along a bias or curved seam to prevent the fabric of a garment from stretching while the garment is being made.More example sentences
- Even doing the stay stitching can result in wonky edges after the block has been trimmed.
- Carefully mark the waistline with machine stay stitches, using a slightly larger-than-usual stitch length.
- Lately I have been wondering if it is really necessary to use stay stitching around the necks lines.
More definitions of stay stitchingDefinition of stay stitching in:
- The US English dictionary