- (In a cafeteria or restaurant) a table with slots to hold food containers which are kept hot by steam circulating beneath them.More example sentences
- I am sure those sandwiches were delicious, but heroes get soggy on a steam table, and the food becomes a gloppy mess.
- With a resealable bucket, the restaurant can get enough to fill a steam table or as little as one serving.
- The camera pans past the steam table as the kitchen staff serves out the food.
More definitions of steam tableDefinition of steam table in:
- The US English dictionary