- A boat that is propelled by a steam engine, especially (in the US) a paddle-wheel craft of a type used on rivers in the 19th century.More example sentences
- At one time, over 300 paddlewheel steamboats plied the Delta.
- Amateur model boat builders, young and old, will be entering their vessels into a variety of classes including warships, steamboats and sailing boats.
- A steamboat is a boat propelled by steam, but a riverboat is not a boat propelled by a river.
More definitions of steamboatDefinition of steamboat in:
- The US English dictionary